Overview – The Mount Sinai Cancer care team is committed to providing the highest-quality cancer care available using a comprehensive range of diagnostic, therapeutic, and support services. They have one of the top cancer programs in the United States, as ranked by U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals survey.
Their comprehensive patient services include:
- Diagnosing cancer
- Treating cancer
- Cutting-edge technology
- Innovative treatments
- Oncology clinical research
- Support for the patient
- Support for the family
At Mount Sinai, they know that the complexity and diversity of cancer require the highest degree of expert, specialized care. At the same time, remain focused on a simple guiding principle—to take care of the entire person, while treating the cancer.
Patients and their families find that their clinical leadership, comprehensive range of services, and compassionate, patient-centered approach make Mount Sinai the best choice in their fight against cancer.
Treatments – They offer comprehensive, individualized treatment plans for patients with all types and stages of cancer. Cancer care at Mount Sinai reflects a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach, grounded in outstanding patient clinical care and research.
Specialists across a variety of disciplines give patients the best possible cancer care across a variety from medical, surgical, and radiation treatments, to a full range of palliative care, integrative services, physical therapy, psychological and social services.
Types of treatments:
- Surgery: surgeons offer minimally invasive techniques using the latest technologies in oncological surgery.
- Medical Oncology: chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and biotherapy in our state-of-the-art infusion suites.
- Radiation Oncology: Patients receive risk-tailored and personalized radiation treatment using state of the art technology.
- Bone marrow transplantation: One of the largest and longest-running BMT programs in the New York City area, providing approximately 200 transplants a year.
- Other innovative therapies: Patients are often able to receive breakthrough therapies according to their individual needs and diagnoses.
- Available clinical trials