The role of Meiwa Cancer Clinic is to Detect and cure cancer early
This facility has the following medical equipment.
- 1. High-precision radiotherapy device as a cancer treatment device
- 2. Hyperthermia (Hyperthermia)
- 3. PET-CT as a cancer diagnostic device
- 4. Scintigram diagnostic device: Effective for diagnosing brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease, bone metastasis, and organ functions such as liver, heart, and kidney.
Cancer treatments include excision, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and immunotherapy. In recent years, hyperthermia devices have been developed and are covered by insurance. Considering the degree of cancer progression, general condition, age, etc., everyone wants a well-balanced “body-friendly treatment” if possible. Radiation therapy is indispensable as a means of treatment along with anticancer drug treatments such as prostate cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, uterine cancer, and head and neck cancer. Hyperthermia is even more effective when combined with them.
The clinic specializes in radiation therapy and diagnosis. While providing high-precision radiotherapy that is comparable to the radiotherapy department of a university hospital, it is also characterized by a large number of palliative radiotherapy for cancer patients introduced by teachers at local medical institutions.
Treatment methods that can be performed at Meiwa Cancer Clinic
High-precision radiation therapy – At Meiwa Cancer Clinic, they use Elekta Synergy for image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT) to perform radiation therapy with few side effects and the ability to intensively irradiate the lesion.
Regardless of the treatments you have received, such as surgery, radiation therapy, and anticancer drug treatment, we will proactively propose treatments that suit the patient.
- Radiation therapy, along with surgery and chemotherapy, has become the center of cancer treatment in recent years. It is indicated for various pathological conditions and conditions of cancer patients, including definitive irradiation, preoperative / postoperative irradiation, preventive irradiation to palliative irradiation.
- They have received facility certification for high-precision radiotherapy such as intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT), and image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT), and they are engaged in advanced radiotherapy by skilled staff.
- The Meiwa Clinic strives to ensure that patients and their families receive radiation therapy with peace of mind and provide careful medical care to provide optimal radiation therapy to individual patients
Hyperthermia –It is a treatment method that heats cancer cells with high frequency and kills only the cancer tissue, and since there are almost no side effects, the burden on the body is reduced. In addition to the direct effect of heating, the effect of cancer treatment is enhanced by using it in combination with surgery treatment, which is a general treatment for cancer, chemotherapy with anticancer drugs, and radiation therapy.
Stereotactic radiotherapy – Stereotactic radiotherapy is so-called “pinpoint irradiation”, which is a treatment method in which relatively small tumors are irradiated with concentrated radiation from multiple directions. The purpose is to increase the therapeutic effect and reduce complications in the normal area around the tumor. A larger amount of radiation is given at one time than usual radiation therapy in a short period of time. High precision is required, and accuracy within 5 mm is required for the trunk.
Image-guided radiation therapy IGRT – This is also called image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT). It is not the radiation therapy method itself, but an auxiliary technology for performing radiation therapy with high accuracy. When performing radiation therapy, the image taken on the treatment device is used to irradiate while fine-tuning the irradiation position.
Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy IMRT – This is a technique for irradiating a spatially non-uniform irradiation beam from multiple directions in order to make the distribution of radiation into a complex shape along the tumor. Radiation therapy is possible by increasing the amount of radiation to the tumor and reducing the dose to organs that are sensitive to radiation, reducing the possibility of complications. It is used for prostate cancer and other localized tumors. At Meiwa Cancer Clinic, they meet the strict facility standards for this treatment and provide safe treatment.
PET (Positron Emission Tomography)
PET clearly reveals hidden cancer
- Since PET scan and CT scan can be performed at the same time, accurate diagnosis can be performed in a short time.
- A single test can be used to test for cancer throughout the body . It is also possible to detect cancer at new sites and diagnose metastasis .
- It is useful for determining whether a tumor is benign or malignant , and for diagnosing the degree of cancer progression (stage diagnosis).
SPECT (Single Photon Emission CT) – A few cc of a special drug that resembles the tissue components of the body is injected and accumulated according to the function of the tissues and organs.
The situation is projected as a tomographic image by rotating a device called a scintillation camera around the body.
Radiation is emitted from this drug, but the exposure dose is such that it does not affect the body.
Strengths of radiation therapy at Meiwa Cancer Clinic
The Meiwa Cancer Clinic Radiation Therapy Department has obtained facility certification for stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) and intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), and can provide these treatments as insurance medical treatment. In addition, during daily irradiation, they perform treatment with high position accuracy by image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT), which treats while correcting the position error during radiotherapy based on the patient’s image information. They have full-time radiation therapy specialists, radiological technologists, medical physicists, radiation therapy quality managers, and radiation therapy specialists, and it is an environment where they can provide high-quality radiation therapy. When inpatient treatment or specialized treatment is required, they take appropriate measures in cooperation with not only Meiwa Hospital but also regional medical institutions such as Hyogo College of Medicine.
Medical examination at Meiwa Cancer Clinic – At the Meiwa Cancer Clinic, in order to perform radiation therapy, they receive referrals from the hospital they are visiting and referrals from Meiwa Hospital, and based on the medical information, images, and information obtained through interviews. They then propose radiation therapy at their clinic that suits the patient.