Hospital Quirónsalud Malaga – Overview
Quirónsalud Málaga Hospital was opened at the end of 2009. After few years has became the benchmark for the private health care to the entire population of Málaga. More than 850 employees, including 200 physicians and surgeons from different specialties to provide high quality comprehensive care.
Quirónsalud Málaga Hospital belongs to group Quirónsalud Hospital Group, the largest hospital network in Spain, a wide network of hospitals and health establishments distributed throughout the national territory.
They have reputed doctors, equipment offering the best technology in the market, a full portfolio of specialities, exclusive facilities and accommodation services. A strategic location for a leading private medical centre on the Costa del Sol, with an international patient service which is associated to most of the insurance companies.
With more than 36 medical specialties, 200 physicians and surgeons of the highest level, Quirónsalud Malaga is one of the most pertinent hospitals in Spain.
Is the only private hospital in the region to practice reconstructive surgery.
The Hospital has the most advanced equipment in diagnosis, treatment and tele-medicine, which allows the least invasive and most effective procedures in the hands of the most qualified medical professionals
International Patient Department
Quirónsalud Malaga Hospital offers to international patients functional and modern facilities, best technology, personalized care and, commitment of all professionals to provide the best attention 24 hours every day of the year. We pay special attention to the international patient medical and social needs. Very wide experience in this field, Quirónsalud Hospital Group has been recognized as the best medical provider by the International Travel Insurance Journal.
Quirónsalud Group gives attention to more than 30000 international patients per year. Agreement with more than 570 international insurers.
They offer the following services:
• Individual rooms. Fully equipped bathroom, sofa-bed for companions, air-conditioning, TV, wardrobe and free WIFI.
• Accompaniment and translation.
• Personalized attention. The hospital staff will accompany you during your stay in the centre to assist you in your needs.
• Interpretation Service.
• Hospital multilingual documentation.
• Daily newpapers and national and international TV.
• Free WIFI throughout the building.
• Multilingual 24h home and hotel emergency services.
• Agreements with the major national and international companies.
• Agreements with all travel insurances.
Oncology at Hospital Quirónsalud Malaga
Sub-Specialties – Hemato-oncology, Pediatric Hemato-oncology, Pediatric Oncology
Procedures – Mohs Surgery
Treatments – Brachytherapy, Chemotherapy, Gene Therapy, Hormonal Therapy, Image Guided Radio Surgery, Image Guided Radiotherapy, Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy, Photodynamic Therapy, Radiotherapy, Stem Cell Cancer Treatment, Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy, Targeted Therapies, Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy
Conditions – Bone Cancer, Brain Cancer, Brain Tumor, Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Colon Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Endometrial Cancer, Gastric Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Leukemia, Liver Cancer, Lung Cancer, Lymphoma, Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Metastatic Cancer, Mouth Cancer, Neuroblastoma, Oral Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, Retinoblastoma, Sarcoma, Skin Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Throat Cancer, Thyroid Cancer
The Oncology Service of the Hospital Quirónsalud Málaga has as its main objective to offer cancer patients and their families an oncology based on quality, excellence, with personalized and comprehensive care, using the latest advances in cancer diagnosis and treatment. It is based on coordinated and multidisciplinary care made up of the best professionals in each specialty, with enormous human quality, a very high level of training, the highest level of professional competence, with the fundamental idea of improving the survival of cancer patients and / or their quality of life.
The Medical Oncology Service of the Hospital Quirónsalud Málaga has for this purpose:
A) Hospitalization Unit or Area. Cancer patients will receive continuous oncological care for admitted patients 365 days a year.
B) External Consultation Unit or Area. Where the first oncological visit is made, and the follow-up of cancer patients, according to the clinical practice guidelines for each type of neoplasia.
C) Day Hospital Unit or Area. It is the area where oncological treatments are administered without the need for admission, under the supervision of an oncologist.
The Work Areas of the Oncology Service of the Quirónsalud Hospital in Malaga are:
1.-Second Opinion Service. The professionals of the Service are available to the patient, to offer a second opinion on the proposed treatment, always within the strictest professional ethics and looking for the best solution for each case.
2.-Early diagnosis and prevention of cancer. Quirónsalud Málaga Hospital is committed to the early diagnosis of cancer. We have all the radiological and / or endoscopic techniques for the diagnosis of tumors.
3.-Functional Units. They are the basis of the operation of the Oncology Service, where comprehensive and individual planning of cancer treatment is carried out. They are multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary, formed by all the professionals involved in the treatment of a patient’s cancer (Surgeons, Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Radiologists, Pathologists, Internal M., …), establishing the best therapeutic option, its sequence and professionals involved.We have the following functional units:
- Breast Cancer Unit.
- Functional Unit for Gynecological Cancer (Cervix, Endometrium and Ovary).
- Functional Unit for Digestive and Endocrinological Tumors.
- Head and Neck Tumor Functional Unit (ENT, Maxillofacial Surgery).
- Functional Unit for Thoracic Tumors (Lung Cancer, Mesotheliomas, Thymomas).
- Functional Unit for Urological Tumors (Renal, Bladder and Prostate Cancer) and Germ.
- Functional Unit for Skin Tumors. Melanomas Unit.
- Musculoskeletal Tumors Functional Unit. Sarcomas Unit.
- Neuro-oncology Functional Unit (Brain Tumors).
- Ophthalmological Tumors Unit.
Why at Hospital Quirónsalud Málaga:
- Cancer treatments will be performed on an outpatient basis, in most patients in the Day Hospital or in the Hospitalization Area, depending on the general condition of the patient and the protocol administered.
- It includes the administration of intravenous or oral chemotherapy, neoadjuvant (prior to surgery), adjuvants after surgical treatment or in disseminated disease.
- Chemotherapy side effects prophylaxis will be performed, and if comprehensive care is required in the Emergency Service, with an excellent level of professional competence in the urgent care of cancer patients.
- New molecules in the treatment of cancer, they are “new therapeutic targets”, according to the protocols established at the national and international level. Biological therapies and Immunotherapy, including drugs such as interferon, Interleukin and Ac Mo (Monoclonal Antibodies) against certain antigens overexpressed in the tumor cell, preventing tumor proliferation and activity, being able to be used either alone or with chemotherapy, are Transtuzumab, Rituximab , Cetuximab, Panitumumab, New biological, anti-angiogenic agents (VEGF inhibitors), which act by preventing the creation of new blood vessels by the tumor and preventing its growth. New oral molecules, such as tyrosine kinase inhibitors (Erlotinib, Imatinib, Gefitinib, Sunitinib or Sorafenib), in certain types of neoplasms. They currently have numerous investigations, and future new drugs.
- For patients with poor venous access, a subcutaneous reservoir can be implanted for treatment administration.
- Supportive treatment for cancer patients, such as granulocytic colony stimulating factors (G-CSF), responsible for strengthening the immune system, and erythropoietic derivatives (EPO) for treatment-induced anemia. cancer patient, avoiding side effects of chemotherapy and maintaining the appropriate dose of drugs.
- Treatment with radiotherapy, radiosurgery and combined chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatments will be carried out, in the established indications.
- Comprehensive multidisciplinary unit for the treatment of liver metastases (surgery, medical oncology, radiology and vascular radiology).
4.-Oncology Nursing Consultation. Administration of oncological drugs, care of catheters and reservoirs, advice from osteomized patients (colostomy, utererostomy).
5.-Research, Clinical Trials and Teaching. The Oncology Service of Hospital Quirónsalud Málaga will establish a Clinical Research Ethics Committee and will intervene in research projects and clinical trials, nationally and internationally.
6.-Psychooncology Unit. That will act as support and support for patients and their families, who need it.
7.-Nutritional support of the cancer patient. In all cancer patients who are going to receive treatment, their nutritional status will be assessed, this being an important prognostic factor for survival.
8.-Genetic Counseling Unit. Hereditary tumors are characterized, among other data, by being diagnosed at an earlier age than usual, with abundant cases of cancer in the family, and the presence of bilateral lesions and / or multifocality.
9.-Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy. Of the respiratory, musculoskeletal, lymphatic problems, .. of the cancer patient.
10.-Pain Unit. The Quirónsalud Hospital has a Pain Unit, which can be attended by cancer patients with uncontrolled pain.
The central axis and on which the entire Quirónsalud Málaga Oncology Service revolves, is the cancer patient and his family, wanting to offer them the warmest humane treatment, a multidisciplinary assessment, the best therapeutic resources, and all the support they need during their illness. .